Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Week 4 Posting - More Motherboards!

I had yet to learn that motherboards had multiple layers stacked on each other. That reminds me of plywood and how it has various layers on one another, which adds to its strength and durability. I used to think the motherboard was just one solid piece, and all the connections were the traces you could see on top of the board. It was incredible to learn about the stacked layers, which allowed manufacturers to create multiple traces stacked on each other to save space and improve speed since the signal would not have to travel far.

I used to think our motherboards were massive today, but they are nothing compared to the older boards. We even have the option now of going smaller with a mini ATX. Our technological advancement makes me wonder if, at some point in the future, we may have computers stronger than those today and be the size of a box of crayons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Posting - Was Fun While It Lasted

 I love blogging because it gives me something extra to think about that isn't related to a specific topic of the week. I can write abou...