Monday, March 25, 2024

Week 3 Posting - Flashing BIOS

Flashing your BIOS was a term I used to hear my more tech-savvy friends say, but I never understood what they meant. When searching for PC parts, I also read user reviews about updating your BIOS, and some motherboards may require you to flash the BIOS. I would ignore any motherboard with a review like that since it was way out of my league. So, you can imagine my joy when I learned that it doesn't mean I'm forcefully running current into a chip with a stun gun to torture it into becoming a blank slate so I can update it. Seeing that newer motherboards can directly access updates via the internet is such a relief. I plan to use one of my old PCs, which I no longer use, and see what I can do about flashing the BIOS just for the experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Posting - Was Fun While It Lasted

 I love blogging because it gives me something extra to think about that isn't related to a specific topic of the week. I can write abou...