Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Week 2 Posting - Motherboards

     Learning this week that motherboards can have multiple channels and that the number of slots doesn't correlate to more channels was something I never knew about. Your motherboard might have only two slots for RAM, but that doesn't mean it has only one channel; it only has one slot for channel one and another for channel two. It has made one part of choosing a motherboard simpler to understand, and now I know what to look for in RAM slots in the future. 

    Also, I learned that your motherboard needs to support overlock if you intend to overclock your PC, which I just learned of. I assumed the only thing that mattered was ensuring your CPU could overclocked and that the motherboard had nothing to do with that. Explaining how the channels worked for the graphics cards took a lot of work to understand. Still, now I know that 2.0 vs 3.0 won't affect the video card's performance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Posting - Was Fun While It Lasted

 I love blogging because it gives me something extra to think about that isn't related to a specific topic of the week. I can write abou...