Sunday, May 26, 2024

Week 11 Posting - Printers

 This week, I learned that printers can fall victim to attacks from hackers. I never considered that printers could be a weak link in a secured system. It is as simple as someone coming into your place of business and inserting a flash drive with malware into the USB slow on the printer, and it can then infect all of the devices connected to the same network. Also, someone can even receive the information being printed. It is like clicking the printer to print the last print job; instead, the intruder collects the information. There are so many vulnerabilities if they are not adequately managed. Time to ensure my printer is secured, safe, and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Posting - Was Fun While It Lasted

 I love blogging because it gives me something extra to think about that isn't related to a specific topic of the week. I can write abou...