Friday, July 26, 2024

Week 8 Posting - BSIT220-T301 - Physical Firewalls

This might be obvious to many, but I discovered it when researching this week's assignments. I didn't know that there were physical firewalls. I'm sure I read about them earlier, but things go over my head when I am not paying attention to irrelevant things. I learned that they have physical devices between the routers that can filter out threats as they come to the device. It is an excellent layer of protection for devices, and having a device like this for all businesses makes complete sense. Security is about redundancies, and having a firewall before a firewall is another one of those things that should be obvious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Posting - Was Fun While It Lasted

 I love blogging because it gives me something extra to think about that isn't related to a specific topic of the week. I can write abou...