Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Week 2 Posting - BSIT220-T301 - Terminating Wire

I learned this week that you can cut RJ-45 cable down to your required length. I had no idea that that cable could be cut into and worked on. The term terminating wire was problematic for me when wrapping my head around it. Termination sounded weird to me since you are doing the opposite and making the cable usable. If my understanding is correct, termination means you are ending the wire at that point by closing off the signal by attaching the modular connector. It still sounds off to me, but I need someone more knowledgeable to explain it as if I were a five-year-old. Great lessons this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 10 Posting - Was Fun While It Lasted

 I love blogging because it gives me something extra to think about that isn't related to a specific topic of the week. I can write abou...